Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Homemade Croutons

For dinner, I'm making spring mix salad topped with thinly-sliced rib-eye steak. But I just realized that I'm out of croutons so, I'm making homemade croutons tonight. Not only it tastes so good, It is so simple and easy to make. I'm sure after making your own homemade croutons, you will likely never go back to buying store-bought croutons again.




Here is my basic recipe:

Day old French bread or white bread (about 4-6 slices)
Olive oil (you can also use flavored olive oil)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Trim edges of the bread. Cut into cubes and place in a large bowl. Drizzle cubes with olive oil, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, parmesan cheese and herbs of your choice. Mix well.

Optional: Parmesan cheese, dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley), garlic powder, red pepper flakes.

Spread seasoned bread onto a sheet pan and bake for about 10 minutes.






Drizzle with more olive oil and grated parmesan cheese. 
Add to your salad or favorite soup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment